James L. Williams Middle East
Facility Operations Capabilities
JLW Facilities Operations mission is to consistently deliver effective programs and efficient facility services based on sustainable and collaborative outcomes aligned with the JLW’s core mission.
Effective facilities management, combining resources and activities, is vital to the success of any organisation. At a corporate level, it contributes to the delivery of strategic and operational objectives.
JLW Operations Approach
It is becoming increasingly recognized that solely focusing on data centre design and construction to achieve high reliability in data centres is a mistake. JLW recognize that data centre operations management is just as important as design.
For this reason JLW offers our clients a turnkey design, build and operate model which provide our data centre clients a seamless transition between design, construction and operation of their facility.
Good operations management is not just about putting maintenance contracts in place. We must also have…
- Up to date documentation
- Appropriate organisation structure
- Trained staff
- Appropriate policies
- Appropriate operating procedures
- Planned and corrective maintenance
- Monitoring systems
- Measurement and feedback of KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
Advantage of JLW’s Design-Build-Operate Concept
- Operations is considered at the design stage and not later leading to design changes and delays
- Operation Manuals & Asset Data
- BIM to FM facilitation
- IST and commissioning – have ops staff onboard and mobilised to participate in Level 4 and 5 commissioning, ensuring thorough knowledge of safe operational parameters even before preparing SOPs, EOPs etc.
- Seamless correction of any snags/defects during DLP, including single point of responsibility
- Smooth concurrent and parallel completion of construction/commissioning and site establishment of ops team (spares inventories, building of racks/cabinets, development of SOPs, EOPs, MOPs etc.
JLW Building Life Cycle Management (BLM)
Single Design & Build BIM model throughout the entire project cycle which is developed based on actual final equipment sizing improving space management which is helpful in communicating a design to a client.
Clash detection is done during the design phase as shop drawings are developed directly from the design model. Prefabrication can be built into the design model leading to better co-ordination and early procurement and installation at site
The Design &Build BIM model can use COBie export tools to seamlessly link embedded information into the clients FM software.
The Design and Build BIM model provided at handover can be linked to client FM software which can communicate to operators when periodic modification or maintenance is require to enhance product/system life cycle
The Design & Build model can be used during the design for managing spaces and volumes to accurately assess GFA, BUA and engineering calculations such as room air changes and load requirements.
Information can be embedded into the Design and Build BIM model which can tell building owners all technical attributes of equipment as well as providing information on warranty, spares, replacement costs, preventative maintenance, which can all be linked directly to the building owners management software.
The Design & Build model can be used to embed data on life expectancy and replacement costs in BIM models which provides clients information of material/replacement investment during the life of the building
JLW BIM to FM Process
Electronic / Paperless
Contains pre-set online COBie templates for all O&M information. Any additional fields can be easily added as per the EIRs.
Reviews can be sent for each section, system or manual as/when they are complete.
Subsequently, comments can be made for each section, system or manual – this flexibility expedites the review process.
All asset data can be linked to the BIM Model
All handover information can be automatically delivered in one of the following modes:
1. Electronic archives (i.e. DVDs etc.) in hyperlinked, searchable file formats.
2. Continued on-line hosting
Allows flexibility to scale up and update any handover content during the DLP and Operation stage of the project.