Engineer and Contractors
JLW Engineering and Coordination is of the highest quality in the industry. This is evident by simply reviewing the contents and details within our shop-drawings, engineering report, design calculations or interacting with our coordinated 3D models of coordination hotspots.
OUR MOTO for engineering which all is consistently drummed throughout all our engineers’ career with us is PRO-ACTIVE and NOT REACTIVE. Find problems, brainstorm viable solutions, involve stakeholders in the decision process, and then take prompt action.
For design and construct projects we will be providing a set of designs for client/stakeholder review prior to proceeding with detailed shop drawings. The design documents will set out all the design parameters being used and cover;
- Codes and standards being followed;
- Design conditions for mechanical systems (indoor conditions, outdoor conditions, fresh air allowances, exhaust allowances, smoke control parameters); duct and pipe sizing criteria
- Capacities of mechanical systems;
- System capacities of electrical;
- Sizes of tanks for pluming and fire;
- Other information relating to systems that affects the design.
- Tenant provisions and base building provision
- CCTV / Security
- Access Control
- Design criteria
Additionally designs will contain layouts Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing equipment consistent with architectural plans as well as the associated system schematics.
The design documents must address all authority issues as they relate to the design. This means that JLW will be visiting all authorities collating information that directly affects all aspects of the design, not just MEP.
- Once the design is approved by the appropriate stakeholders, will initiate the detailed shop- drawings phase whereas every element of the MEP design is detailed to enable our project team to procure, and install from.
- Builders work drawings are prepared and coordinated with the architect and structural engineers.
- Coordination “hot-spots” will be modelled in 3D.
Typical 3D Coordination for Plantroom Floor
Single line diagrams of all systems such as:
- Fire Alarm
- Chilled Water
- Air diagrammatic
- Domestic water
- Fire fighting
- Smoke management
- Building Management System
Equipment layouts of;
- LV Rooms
- Communications Rooms
- Generator rooms
- Energy Transfer Station
- Mechanical Plant rooms
- Pump Rooms
- Tank Rooms
Plan views for:
- Air Conditioning and Ventilation
- Electrical Lighting
- Electrical Power
- Fire Alarm, Voice Evacuation and Emergency Lighting
- Security and Access Control
- Low Current Systems
- Lighting Protection and Earthing
- Fire Protection